Hon Keith Pitt MP
Fossil Fuels | LNP | Revolving Doors
Federal Minister for Resources, Water and Northern Australia Feb 2020 – Present
Elected to the House of Representatives for Hinkler, Queensland, 2013. Re-elected 2016 and 2019.
- Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister from 18.2.2016 to 19.7.2016.
- Assistant Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment from 19.7.2016 to 20.12.2017.
- Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister from 5.3.2018 to 28.8.2018.
- February 2016, Pitt became the Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister, Barnaby Joyce, taking responsibility for a range of policy areas such as natural resource management and the Landcare program, soil health, animal welfare, rural skills and central Queensland water.
- Joyce’s coal connections are well documented, including privileging coal projects as minister for Resources and Northern Australia and Agriculture and Water.
- In March 2018, Pitt was appointed as Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister, Michael McCormack. He resigned from this position in August 2018.
- Pitt resigned to demonstrate his opposition to the government committing to reducing emissions by 26-28 per cent by 2030 under the Paris Accord.
- Founded Australian Safety & Training Alliance (ASTA) 2002.